OpenCoffee Club

Place for people who love startups to hang out and meet

Hi Everyone,

It seems like every time I meet up with another entrepreneur here in Chicago its over coffee and typically at a Caribou. Anyone else have any interest in starting a permanent open coffee group in Chicago? I'd be willing to spearhead it.

-Brad

Views: 46

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Ok guys -

I was talking this over with one of the head honchos here and if the idea of an overbearing corporate presence is unwelcome, and I can totally see how it would be, midPhase is more than happy to sponsor the event without the hoopla. We'll just buy the coffee and have a couple folks around to mingle, but no printed materials and no huge announcements. We sponsor events like FreshWater, Tech Cocktail and Fast Pitch to help foster the Chicagoland tech community and OpenCoffee would be another great way of doing so. The rebirth of the IT community here is our goal so let's get going on this.

I'm not super familiar with what's up in River North as our offices are on the south end of the Loop but if you can think of a good place up there I'll scope it out, talk with the management and we can make a July/August inaugural OpenCoffee Chicago event a reality. From our side we'll talk it up, make sure people know we're sponsoring it but at the actual event we'll have a virtual non-existent footprint. We just want to spark progress. Let me know what you think, my e-mail is matt@midPhase.com and I'm always around.
I think that would be great. A good location that's been suggested is the big Argo Tea in the loop. Does that work for everyone?
Alright folks, here's the skinny. The tentative date for the inaugural Chicago OpenCoffee Club is going to be Wednesday, August 15th at 10am. I figure for those that would prefer not taking the day off can take a Wednesday morning off, which isn't so horrible, and those in the Loop already can take an extended coffee break. As far as venue, I'm leaning toward Argo Tea, 16 W Randolph St. I have to confirm the time and date with the manager there but I think that will be decided by end of day.

Remember to sign up/RSVP at the Yahoo Upcoming group I created, located at http://upcoming.yahoo.com/group/3155/ so we know what kind of crowd to expect and plan for. midPhase is paying for the coffee/tea for the event and I'd like to know whether to being the corporate AmEx or just back a Brinks armored car into the alley. Talk it up with your buddies and co-workers, I'll get some buzz going as bests I can as well! Remember: Aug. 15th, 10am @ Argo on Randolph.

So say we all?

RSS

Badge

Loading…

© 2024   Created by Saul Klein.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service