OpenCoffee Club

Place for people who love startups to hang out and meet

I've always thought it would be a good idea to get some office space and share with a number of innovative internet start-ups, as opposed to everyone being scattered around London.

Often that might mean someone taking the lease on a large space and sub-letting it, all going in on a serviced office somewhere, or a kind hearted big company offering to share / lease space.

if you're interested in the concept - we're sharing thoughts and available office requests / space over on the facebook group at:
http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=2389741941

Views: 47

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Great idea. We have a similar initiative in Manchester, organised by one of the Manchester OpenCoffee member. Pity, you are not living in the great city of Manchester!

Best regards, Manoj

PS: where are the emicons when I need one
Maybe we could commute up :-)
You might check out this CoWorking site, there might be something near you:
http://coworking.pbwiki.com/

Daniel
We already do this at The Old Bakery in Cambridge - works a treat :)
It's been almost 2 years since you first posted this...I wish I'd thought of it sooner!

In Manila, Philippines (Makati CBD, actually), we have a small office space we're renting right now in a 7-floor building-- and I'd like to move to a building where we're not the only ones who stay past midnight with redundant internet. The buildings that have these usually have bigger spaces available at least 120 sq.m ~ 1300 sq.ft. -- whereas we only need 1/3 up to half of that.

I want a boardroom too for client meetings and a high coffee table with bar stools. That'd provide a nice change of scenery from working from a desk every so often...

So I thought I'd open it up to other startups who want to establish an office in the area. I believe each business can have a separate least for a portion of the area -- that could be better than having just 1 startup be the primary lessor, so that the responsibility is equally shared. So, let's say for 1,200 sq.ft. with 3 businesses, each company would be responsible for 400 sq.ft.

Now I just need to find non-competing fellow startup entrepreneurs. How did you guys work out your office sharing?
Hello Philip,

How far are you with that idea, I can see your post is about 2 years old.

I am currently looking for a desk in London to work from 2010 :-)

Cheers
Volker

RSS

Badge

Loading…

© 2024   Created by Saul Klein.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service